How to perform water aerobics and increase the strength of lower body? As we know that in the water the body is almost weightless. That condition makes aquatic aerobic ideal for increasing lower body strength. However, it has to be performed in the right manner to ensure that we get the best result and free from unexpected injury. Here are some steps we can do to start aerobic in the water.
- Start in shallow water between the ribcage and the underarm.
- Warm up for about 8 minutes with Jogging around the pool, kicks, jumpingjacks, strides and knee lifts.
- Stretch the quadriceps, hip flexors, calf muscles and hamstrings lightly.
- Perform the warm up moves at a higher intensity. Make the movements longand exaggerated.
- Do a tuck j Begin with a stable standing position. Keep the knees and anklestogether while pulling the knees into the chest. Back into standing position and then move the arms in a circular motion. Lengthen the arms as the knees lift and bend at the elbow when the legs straighten.
- Perform a frog jump with the knees, toes and thighs slightly turned out. Bend the arms in a diamond shape. Push the arms down to the hips while the legs lifted up into a diamond shape. Return to the starting pose.
- Execute a scissors jump. Begin with standing. When umping, move one leg straight forward and the other moves directly behind the body.
- Kick the legs and jog for a couple minutes
- Stretch the hamstrings, calves, hip flexors and quadriceps deeply whenpracticing water aerobics.